Wednesday, April 6, 2016

The Stairs and Galleries Unveiled...

This little post was missed out of the March unveiling. So for completeness here are some photos of the finished staircase and galleries...


I am so glad we had solid slabs of marble laid for the steps, as the join lines in tiles would have done my head in. I am also fond of the non-slip tread which was laser-cut into the top of each of the risers.


The hand rail is not as obtrusive as I had imagined it, which is good.


Now we just need to wait for the art to arrive. In the meantime the upstairs landing and long gallery are rather spartan...

Above: The reflection of the light in the polished marble.

Below: A quiet corner to sit awhile, with flowers and our guest book.

Above: The long gallery, with 2 bronze busts and a large Italian painting. I would like to place a long line of busts down it like this...


And in time swap the painting for a mirror...


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...